Friday, June 3, 2016

Trinatee (Year 5) stating that the zoo keepers made the wrong choice to shoot and kill the gorilla, to save the 4 year old boys life.

Hambada the gorilla


On Saturday, a horrified 4 year old, boy fell inside an enclosure with a Silverback Gorilla. The parents were horrified, the mum
was telling her son to stay calm, the boy screamed as he got pulled by the gorilla in the water.


My opinion is to tranquilize the gorilla because the gorilla is an endangered animal, there are not many left. Instead of killing the animal they should  have saved the animal because the gorilla is like the child, what if the child was in the gorilla’s body? how would the 4 year old boy feel about everybody screaming at him? The gorilla was only 17 years old it was still young, he  probably did not know that he was hurting the child by touching this little boy.


In the end the boy was ok but they made the wrong choice that's my opinion about it. I’m sad that the hand raised gorilla called Harumba is now dead.

16 comments:

  1. Trinatee, I like how you have expressed your views about this Current Event. I wonder what other opinions the class had about this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi
      some thought that it was not the right thing to do and some agreed with me.

      kind regards Trinatee

      Delete
  2. hi room ten i really like your story it was amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work room 10 love it it is so good and I really love the descriptive words

    from jordan

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's pretty sad that the gorilla died. Good writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like you writing triantee
    By Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your writing trantee
    by Emily

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the way you told the story and its like hearing a movie so good on you tarntee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Trinatee
    Great job on your writing

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi i think you a right they should have tranqlized the gorilla instead of killing it lovely post have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi i think you a right they should have tranqlized the gorilla instead of killing it lovely post have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete

  11. Hi,
    This writing is good because it doesn’t just say your opinion, it says reasons
    On why the gorilla shouln’t have been killed. Great Job.

    Ariana,
    Rimu Class

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Room 10,

    This writing is amazing, and I agree with you about them making the wrong choice about shooting the gorilla. I like all the descriptive words you used.

    Prudence,
    Yaldhurst Model School

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Room 10,

    I love this writing, I agree with you all the way. They made the wrong choice and maybe should've checked with the community before making their decision.

    I also liked the way you expressed your feelings/opinions.


    Laura,
    Yaldhurst Model School

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Room Ten
    I think this is a very sad thing that happened and I agree with you about tranqulizing the gorilla instead of shooting it. It makes me sad to think that things like this are still happening. Great post though.

    -Ashleigh

    ReplyDelete